Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Madrid








just a quick note to say that Madrid is a fabulous city. I'm pretty sure I've got about as many picture from Spain in four days as I've got from The Gambia in seven months. I figure I spend half my time trying to convince people I'm NOT a tourist when in The Gambia, but here I can just embrace the fact that I am one, and its ok to take pictures of every single building.

Thus far I've

Gone to the modern art museum (twice!)
Seen the cathedral
Seen "Carmen" done by the Flamenco Ballet of Madrid
Taken pictures of probably 50 buildings
Drank sangria ;-)

Here's some pictures from around. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey Whitney, so why are you in Madrid anyway? Just a great PCV vacation? A PC training? Your blog just jumped to "I'm here." just curious. Enjoy!

Whitney said...

it was just a good opportunity for a vacation. some other PCV friends were going, and i just sort of jumped on board. its been a nice little break, but i'm ready to go home and get back to work.