Monday, January 12, 2009

a smattering of pics since I've been here

Hey kids,

This is just a few of the pics I've taken since I've come, no real unifying theme other than that. Most are from training village, I wasn;t comfortable getting my camera out at my new place yet, because I don;t know people well, and I don;t want to flash the bling. also, my house has no furniture, so I promise to take pictures once its all set.



This first one here is my first pic off the plane. its the airport. duh.




This next one is from,like, our third day. we went to the beach. i mean, thats what Peace Corps is all the time. ;-P




this is me and one of my other host sisters on Tobaski.







This is a view of the Gambia River, taken from the village of Tendaba at dusk






This is our training class, on our way to village, like one week in. There are 25 of us, and i'm proud to say that no one has quit yet. I hear thats not common.
the captions got all messed up, and i don;t have time to fix it today. you can all figure out what is what!


and now, i'm going to learn harvest honey! look out bees!


whitney

No comments: