Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hey all,

Still here only.

The PSA project with my students has ended pretty well. I'm really proud of them. I might have bitten off a little more than I could chew, but overall, i think it will work. We recorded four scripts (one each on HIV, the importance of breastfeeding, malnutrition, and malaria). Then, the goal was to record each script in English, and the three major local languages. Eeek, that turned out to be 16 recordings! That, plus all the editing, etc, that goes into it turned out to be a bit much for the kids' schedules (and i'm going cross-eyed from looking at sound squiggles on my computer), but we got them all recorded in English, all in Mandinka, and a few in each Pulaar and Wolof. We've added music and sound effects, and the next step is for me to duplicate the recordings, and distribute them to my PC pals around the country, and they will bring it to their local radio stations. Go Peer Health!

No comments: